Monday, February 1, 2010

Reasons for sleep

Well, dear blog readers, today I read that my baby will be 2 inches long and about the size of a small lime this week. Considering it was hard to see Baby Gregga on ultrasound a few weeks ago, it's incredible how fast these little people grow! No wonder moms need naps! I'm wondering how you moms with multiple kids do it! I guess I'll find out sometime....  :o)

As for naps, I decided yesterday that while I LOVE taking naps and am a big fan, what I don't care for are the local helicopters that circle for 45 minutes, the lawn guys with the leaf blowers that blow a random leaf here and there on the sidewalk outside my window; or the neighbor upstairs whose footfall is SO loud that my pictures and dishes were rattling yesterday. I'd like to say it was an earthquake, but that would be too much of a coincidence.

Tomorrow I have another day off; hopefully the perinatologist can get my "basement" blood sugars fixed by suggesting some more changes to my insulin. Blood sugars of 41 are no fun. My poor little baby was probably comatose at that point; poor little poo! Anyway, back to work. It's quiet time right now, which means in as much as it is possible for us nurses, all the babes are napping with lights out. I am blogging to stay awake. Happy Monday, dear blog readers!

1 comment:

The San Diego Family said...

any help from the perinatologist with the sugars??