Friday, February 12, 2010

Unbelievable...

Well, dear blog readers, as most of you know, I'm pretty laid-back and mellow....With the exception of being in bad traffic, particularly if I'm around bad drivers. Today, I got stuck in the fast lane in heavy traffic behind some guy that decided it would be a great idea to SHAVE while driving! I kid you not! He would slow down, then speed way up, then weave into the next guy's lane, then over-correct and nearly hit the median! I despise drivers like that because they put everyone else at risk, particularly when traffic starts to move at a good clip. No one wanted to pass him in the lanes next to him because he was weaving so much, and no one really wanted to be in front of him because he couldn't pick what speed he wanted to go and clearly wasn't watching the road. Here's my soap box: if you want to go on a suicide mission, don't jeopardize other people's well-being. Go take your little pick-up-truck and drive down an abandoned road at 70 mph while shaving. Kinda like people who text while driving. Oughta get a hefty ticket as far as I'm concerned. I think it's Murphy's Law of the road that there are never cops around when people like this get stupid.

Oh well. On the brighter side, I slept like a  log after feeling "jet-lagged" from working my first night shift in a couple of months. I didn't even hear the lawn/weed-eater/leaf-blower guys outside the window! At least the frustrating drive home didn't ruin my sleep!  :o)

3 comments:

Michael Gregga said...

What Pam didn't say was that the guy was shaving with a straight razor. Yup.

The San Diego Family said...

are you kidding me?

Night Nurse said...

Yeah, he had a cup of water in his cup holder and he was dunking his razor in periodically. Of course, when he was wacking the shaving gel off of the razor, (clearly visible from the back window,) this also coincided with his drifting in and out of the other lanes.