Hello, dear blog readers! Well, I have to admit, when I saw that the last post was almost two weeks ago, I immediately felt a little lame. I don't even really have a great excuse for NOT posting sooner, other than that I've been sleeping in pretty much most of my spare time. Sad, huh? I went to the lab the other day, and after having 11 vials of blood extracted, I decided that if I wasn't anemic before, I am now! :o} At least until I know better, it seems a good reason to need so much sleep.
The perinatology appointment was great. They have a really nice diabetes clinic that has been following my sugars and insulin dosing, so after the third dose adjustments last week, I finally feel like I'm getting on top of things. The only interesting factor will be switching back to night shift. This is my first night back on, and today while I slept I had three instances of low blood sugars. That's not usual, but I even got up to eat some breakfast before I took my long-acting stuff. I guess I'll have to eat "dinner" in the mornings when I go home to keep them from bottoming out too much.
The other exciting news is that my dear sweet hubby started his LAST SEMESTER!! Woo-hoo! I can't believe he'll be graduating in May! Now it's just crunch time for job interviews, etc. Hopefully it won't be difficult for me to get a job where he lands. I'm trying to decide if I should go interview now or if I should just try and interview over the phone if possible. For as much as I would like to think that hospitals wouldn't hire visibly pregnant nurses, I get the feeling that might be the case if I wait until later in the semester to interview. We shall see!
Well, dear blog readers, since I have been sleeping a lot, there is not much new news. Happy sleeping to the rest of the world!
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Just tell every one that L.A.M.E. stands for "Lovingly Acknowledge My Exhaustion" I think they'll understand.
I keep telling her she's not lame. I keep telling her to sleep all she wants; she's pregnant after all.
My Sweetie is not lame by definition.
What a nice husband!
Post a Comment