Thursday, March 18, 2010

Back from Chicago

Well, dear blog readers, I'm baaa-aaack! Chicago was a good trip, and although I slept well (Mike's parents have the same mattress in their guest room that we do), I still feel tired. Highlights of the trip comprised of eating Lou Malnatti's on Friday night with Mike's parents, brother, sister-in-law, and one-year-old nephew. The little fella is such a comic relief! I'm kicking myself for not taking pictures. Oh well.

Also, I got to spend some quality time with my former roommate and friend Anne. We dined at The Ivy of Wheaton, which is a restaurant in an old gothic, Tudor-style funeral chapel. Here's the link: http://www.ivyofwheaton.com/. Good eats, good atmosphere, and good chats! I'll have to go back there again the next time I'm in town. I also got to see some great pictures of Anne and Lee's road trip to the west coast and back to the midwest, which makes me want to do two things: 1) pack my car, take a leave of absensce, and see the world; and 2) buy a quality camera to capture the adventures.

Speaking of Good Eats, another highlight was going out to eat (notice a pattern here?) with Mike's uncle Gary, aunt Gina, and his cousins Grant and Giana and Shaw's fish/seafood restaurant in Schaumburg. While I initially thought that the serving portions were somewhat tiny for the price, the food was excellent and I was full faster than I thought I'd be. Also, I'm always amazed at how quickly teenagers grow and change. I don't remember MY teen years going that fast! And of course, it was also fun to watch people spoil the young nephew. He's too cute NOT to spoil.

The downside to the trip is that Mike's dad had to spend most of the time I was there in the hospital. We are all praying for his health and a quick(er) recovery.

All in all, it was a great trip and I enjoyed the time I was able to spend with Anne and with Mike's family.

1 comment:

The San Diego Family said...

glad your back. sounds like you had a great trip!