Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Days Off

So, dear blog readers, one trimester down; two to go! Now that I'm out of my constant-need-to-sleep phase, I actually got lots done in the last couple of days off of work. The house is clean, eight loads of laundry done (this includes the comforters etc. that normally need to be done after winter), the dust is temporarily gone, the paperwork is filed.

We celebrated the "zen" of our newly-cleaned household by driving out to see the ocean yesterday. That's right, we did a drive-by. One of these days I'm determined to pack a picnic dinner and to go sit on the sand somewhere to eat it while listening to the waves. Part of Highway 101 was closed due to road destruction, so we didn't succeed in pulling over for a stroll in the sand yesterday, but I'll get it done sometime before we leave California.

Today I managed to pull out a projected I haven't worked on in a while. My mosaic table has taken a lot longer than I originally thought it would, but I got all of the circles done and now I just need to lay down the background colors. I picked up some really neat glass from Joe's Glass Shack. Isn't it always Murphy's Law that you find cool hobby stores about the time you get job offers out of state? The same thing happened when we lived in Oak Park; there were several stores in the downtown area that I still miss to this day. (Including the ice cream parlor!)

Below is a picture of the table in process. There was a little bit of glare from the camera flash, but you get the idea.

2 comments:

Mim said...

Wonderful table! Glad you will now only be working days. Can't wait to see you!

The San Diego Family said...

wow, that table looks really neat! So artistic!