Well, dear blog readers, I feel like I'm hitting the ground running again this week. I came back to San Diego on Sunday night following the 7.1 (or did they decide on a higher number) earthquake that scared my poor hubby for the day. I am extremely thankful that he bracketed our rickety china cabinet, or most (if not all) of our every-day dishes and china wouldn't probably have lasted.
In the last couple of days, I have had a staff meeting, two doctors' appointments, lab draws, and various errands to run. The highlight of our Monday and Tuesday was spending time with Mike's brother Jason, who happens to be in town for a conference! We dined at Tango (our favorite local restaurant) and I had the best steak I've ever tasted in my life. Yes, folks, it was THAT GOOD.
About the only thing new here is that I'm still working on trying to get health insurance so that we can attempt to move to Oregon in a timely fashion. Having contacted more than 10 different insurance carriers, I'm still working on Cobra as a possibility. Hopefully that will work out. If not, we won't be moving until September, which would be a bummer. The other side of the coin, though, is that it beats bankruptsy if I was to have preterm labor and/or a hairy scary delivery. It's just not worth the risk.
This week (tomorrow, actually) I fly to Montana to see my family and relax for a while. I feel like with the amount of insomnia I had this last week, it will be good to get some extra sleep and sewing time, not to mention laughs with Mom and Jackie. They also have great walking trails that I look forward to using this time of year...Although the weather might still be crummy; I'm not sure.
So here's my "Not Me!!" moment for the week. I might have flown in on Monday, but I did NOT leave my suitcase on the floor. I do NOT plan on flying to MT with everything I still have in said bag and I would NOT impose upon my mom to use her washing machine for the laundry that already exists in said suitcase. I did NOT sort all other laundry into piles yesterday, only to ignore those piles and hang out with the Gregga men.
Yup, it's been about that crazy.
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment