Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Surprised by "wildlife"

Well, dear blog readers, since not much has changed in the ways of packing/preparing to move and/or living at work, the only other interesting thing that I can post is that someday, I would like to have corrective eye surgery. Why, you might ask? Well, for those of you who have an irrational fear of certain reptiles, insects, or members of the rodent realm, you will probably be able to relate. When I crawl in the shower in the morning, I'm so blind that I'm lucky if I can see my hand in front of my face. The other morning I was going about my routine when I noticed a black "dot" that seemed to be making its way toward the drain. Our shampoo holder is starting to rust and occasionally sheds a chunk of paint here or there, so I didn't think anything of it....UNTIL it started making its way away from the drain and back toward my foot! With my irrational fear of arachnids, I lept out of the shower, grabbed my glasses, and sure enough: very large black beastie that thought my foot might make a good escape route from the water stream. Nothing like a good scare in the morning to wake you up!

No comments: