Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The War is Over!

Well, dear blog readers, my sweet hubby's finals are done and my HAPPY hubby has again returned! His theme song this week is from the Doors: "Uknown Soldier." Today after my ultrasound, we celebrated by going to Orfila and picking up our spring bottles of wine. I know we're going to miss being so close to such a great winery when we move away. Seriously: I mean, I know there are good wineries in Oregon, but after a couple of "off" years, Orfila's wines right now are terrific! (I had a sip of a Sangiovese today that was really hard to beat. I merely sniffed the rest of Mike's tastings, and it was great!) I think we'll keep that membership after we move.

My war with the packing and boxes continues. After tonight, though, I'm estimating that I only have about 6-8 more boxes to pack between bedroom stuff and bathroom linens, supplies, etc. I think tomorrow will be the last day of packing, and then my war will be over, at least until the cleaning commences.

The moving company really didn't have their act together. I was hoping to have them here tomorrow to load the truck, but they never called me back. Mike (being a very friendly and direct sort of fella) called them to say that we need a truck THIS week, and so the best they could do is drive a truck down from Oregon to load our stuff on Friday. Apparently Atlas in San Diego is completely booked tomorrow. Who knew midweek moves were so popular?

My mom comes in tomorrow night, and I'm really looking forward to having her here. If any of you are like me, you're embarrassed to have other people see how much dust is on your closet shelves, behind your mattresses, in your bathroom, etc. When Mom is there, it's still embarrassing, but it's even more of a relief because she's one of those people who knows just how to get things clean.

Well, dear blog readers, time to finish some thank-you cards before heading off to bed. Happy evening to you all! And before parting, here's a picture of the happy (albeit tired) graduate himself.

1 comment:

April said...

So happy the long four years is over!! I'm sure it will be nice to see the "new" Ghee who isn't stressed with papers and finals. Sure there will be other stresses in life but a different kind. Happy graduation!!