Hello, dear blog readers! I'm feeling a bit...Well, like those ads from whatever hair commercial showed the frumpy mom renewed by the hair product. It is now precisely 0039 (for those night shifters and military folk) and the baby has awakened twice since I've been home. Must be cutting another tooth.
So confession #1: We have gotten into watching reruns of Ugly Betty. The episode of "There's No Place Like Mode" talks about goofy fashion ideas as art. (I've also noticed that when clothes actually DO look wearable, they sometimes cost hundreds--or thousands--of dollars.)
Confession #2: I shouldn't be watching fashion shows since my latest purchases were a pair of jeans after the baby was born and two blouses to accommodate my new size.
Confession #3: I wish I knew how budget-savvy fashionistas do it! My problem: tired. Get home at 0000. Wake up whenever babe wakes up, or hubby, whichever comes first. Sometimes am not able to sleep when I get home. Case in point. Sleep or fashion? The physical willpower goes out the window when one is not physically motivated to get out of bed.
A clothes budget of--say--$20 a month probably doesn't help. But, until those nasty medical bills go away, that's where we are. Plus: who can resist a kitchen store in the outlet mall? Who needs sweaters and blouses when one can get a new pan? I have no willpower when it comes to cooking supplies.
Confession #4: Most days, if I'm not in pajamas until noon or beyond (Oh wait! That's not me! Ahem...), it's jeans and a t-shirt. Mostly because I go to work and get cold, so a t-shirt helps under the mandatory unit NASTY old lady scrubs we have to wear. The ones that have holes all over them due to being laundered so often. Plus, comfy tees also make comfy sleepwear.
The GOOD news is that I did get a hair cut with highlights this year! Hooray!
The point is: I'd love to branch out and claim that my overall wardrobe has been updated more than once in three years. Yikes! Tips, anyone? Good cheap (yet comfortable!) clothes tips?
Sunday, February 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
To update your wardrobe, accessories are cheap and easy. Scarves, hats, jewlery can bring new life to your old stuff. Get a pair of jeans that you love, are flattering, and that you can dress up or down. Then look for basics in a variety of colors for your tops. But find stuff that is comfy and flattering. Looser tops will feel better and be kind to the post baby figure than fitted tops will. Old Navy is reasonably priced and has cute stuff. Or try an outlet store like TJ Maxx or Marshalls as you'll get a huge variety of selection for reasonable prices. Believe me, I haven't updated my wardrobe in about 3 years too! But small additions can make a world of difference.
Thank you, Sister Fashionista! Off to TJ's tomorrow to see what I can find. (Plus I learned today of a couple of stores closing...We'll see what I can get for 80% off!) :o)
Post a Comment