So, dear blog readers, this week Rite Aid had a HUGE sale on diapers! Being the procrastinator that I am, I didn't get to the store until today--when all the diapers were already sold out. The bright side: Rite Aid normally has +UP rewards (i.e. you get anywhere from $1 to $7 coupons good toward your next purchase when you buy certain things on sale). The upside about taking a rain check on the diapers is that instead of giving me coupons toward my next purchase, they just deduct this week's +UP rewards from the sale price when I buy the diapers next week. All in one transaction! Nothing like getting packages of diapers for $3 or $4.
Anyone wanting formula should go tomorrow. Most places have it on sale this week. K-Mart has coupons for $5 off!
Having spent a few months now building up my coupon collection, I have to say that a trip to the store that usually takes half an hour now takes twice as long if I stumble across really good sales and have to look through the binder to see if I have coupons to match those sales. The good news is paying the cost of all those Sunday newspapers=savings large enough to pay for those newspapers a few times over. Hooray!
Does anyone have tips on savings for produce? It's maybe the one area that I don't know how to plan for/save money when making meal plans. I usually try to buy meat when it's going on sale, but produce has been something of a challenge for me.
Anyway, dear blog readers, now that the shopping excursions are over, time to finish the dishes and hit the pillow. Sweet dreams, dear blog readers!
Friday, February 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Roadside farmer's stands = cheap produce.
What I have heard of for produce and vegetable savings.....If you have a costco or other huge big box store, and some friends, you do this: come up with a list of items you all want. Go in on the price evenly for each of the items on the list. And when the shopping is over, in the parking lot, split the merchandise evenly for all of you. That way, that 20 pound bag of potatoes has just been split 3-5 times (depending on how many people go), and you paid only a fraction of the price- and you get a lot for the money. This can be said for a lot of the vegetables or fruit! Plus, in households that only have 2-3 people living in it, the 20 pounds of potatoes, or the 10 pounds of apples is a little wasteful, as they will probably mold over before you could eat them!
Post a Comment