Hello, dear blog readers! For the first time since October (still the "pet rock" phase for Big C.), I took our little man to the grocery store. Fortunately our trip consisted of a small list and forty minutes of shopping. It's still hard to time shopping trips around forty-five minute feeding schedules, followed by some play time, followed by hour-long naps. But, we got everything accomplished today!
I have to hand it to the cookbook authors I mentioned before: they really know how to combine small amounts of certain ingredients to bring out naturally great flavor. For example, today I made chicken cooked on the stove top with mushrooms, thyme, fresh garlic, and the best part: the sauce (leftover chicken and mushroom juices which are deglazed with chicken broth and red wine vinegar, which loses the vinegary quality as it cooks...)
And now for a few minutes of R&R checking e-mail and watching "Persons Unknown" before heading to bed. The downside of a busy night of nursing (after cooking and cleaning): the old joints ache enough that Unisom doesn't initiate sleep. Going to try Advil PM tonight. Wish me luck, dear blog readers!
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment