Hello, dear blog readers! Well, I didn't take pictures of my meals from this past week, but I found a quick-and-easy book (and healthy!) with recipes that have all of the nutrition information per serving. The recipes are similar to the South Beach Diet book, although I find many of them to be tastier. Most of them need salt (they're intended for post-op gastric bypass patients who might need to cut salt from their diets), but they use a lot of fresh ingredients to enhance the flavors. For example: a good tip to adding extra protein to baked or steamed veggies is to grind soy nuts and add them to the top for some extra crunch.
The book is "Eating Well after Weight Loss Surgery." I'm hoping that sticking to the serving sizes will help me take off some of the baby weight that just won't go away.
Speaking of food, here's one of my favorite snack jags as of late. (Especially since we haven't had tapas since moving away from Chicago....Tapas was something of special occasions when Hubby and I went somewhere to eat for a special occasion, for friends' weddings, for our own wedding, for a wedding gift that someone gave us for nostalgia's sake...)
Anyway, if you take some flavored Triscuits, add some laughing cow spreadable cheese wedge(s), some smoked salmon, and dill sprinkle, presto! Tapas at home! Yummy snackage...Or dinner if you want something light. You could add some capers for additional flavor.
Sunday, March 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment