Hello, dear blog readers! Well, I couldn't start off a recounting of our travels without discussing our "adventures at the airport(s).
Adventure #1: We got out of bed at about 6:00 in the morning last week Wednesday. I had been up late the night before. Sweet Hubs fed Big C. (earlier than his usual wake time) and off we went to the airport in Eugene--about an hour's drive away in very heavy rain. When we got there, the guy at the counter informed me that my suitcase was 2 pounds overweight. Nothing like trying to go through your suitcase to figure out what you need to leave behind in order to avoid the $100 charge. And nothing like trying to go through your belongings with a line behind you.
THEN the counter man asked for my ID. Now, I knew that I had packed it in my carryon backpack, but what I didn't recall was exactly where I had put it. After looking twice and proceeding to shed a few tears, my poor hubby found it. Back to the line we went. Then onto security. After successfully getting through, the baby started to have a meltdown. Tired and hungry. Did NOT want to eat. I ended up finding a quiet dark corner and wheeled him to sleep in the stroller.
Right about this point in time, the intercom person loudly proclaims that our flight is delayed due to mechanical failure. The baby startles awake and proceeds to yowl. After and hour and half of trying to feed him, he finally decides he's hungry enough to make a go of it. At this point, the announcer proceeds to tell us that our flight is cancelled, and that we have to stand in line to rebook. After the feeding, we get into the back of the line. A forty-five minute wait ensues. A crazy lady walks up to unhappy baby and proceeds to swing her hair right in his face. I pull him away from her, but much to my consternation, he thinks she's pretty funny, which only causes her to yell loudly at him from the front of the line.
Finally, the counter guy again. He informs me that I just missed another outbound flight by 6 minutes. Had I been in front of the line, he says, I would have made my Denver connection. Tough luck, though. I have to come back tomorrow.
So poor hubby comes all the way back to Eugene to get me. A day perfectly wasted for him and his would-have-been study time.
The silver lining: He felt badly enough about how the day went that he took me out for a wine tasting and to dinner at a very nice restaurant. Big C. was tired enough that he slept through most of it and cooperated well the rest of the time.
Anyway, dear blog readers, Big C. awakes. More airport adventures to continue later.
Happy Wednesday, dear blog readers!
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment