Hello, dear blog readers! I have found this past week that my "witching hour" so-to-speak is right around 12:00 a.m. Once I hit that time, I get a second wind, and from then on it's good luck getting to sleep before 2-4 in the morning. This makes it difficult since most nights I don't even get home until 11:45 or 12:00. Does anyone else have this problem? I already take Unisom, which worked very well for sleeping during the day when I was a former night shifter. I'm rather dreading going toward prescription medication, but I just can't function on 3-4 hours of sleep a night.
Suggestions to those of you blog readers that have dealt with chronic insomnia?
Sunday, March 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I have read that it is very important for people to get up and go to bed at the same time every day. That may be impossible for you right now. But it might help if you go to bed at the same hour at night on the days when you are not working. Maybe by going to bed earlier on non-working days, you are forcing your body to kick into second gear then. And then nap during the day when you can. I've also heard and experienced myself that it is important to develop a night time routine. Reading a psalm before you go to bed, drinking some milk, etc. Anything that signals your brain that its time for bed. I'm no expert. But always praying for you and that god will grant you wisdom.
Post a Comment