Well, dear blog readers, we have arrived! Thank the good Lord that my mom came to help us pack up what I wasn't able to finish before graduation--she was my cleaning fairy and sanity during last week, and has kept me awake on the road up to Corvallis. I wouldn't have gotten it all done without her. I always forget all of the little details that put us behind when we're getting ready for a move. Even though most of the packing was done, I think the hardest part was putting the last of the odds and ends into random boxes and then inventorying them on my personal list in case we lost anything. That and the last-minute cleaning details. And the good-byes, the utility cancellations, etc. Lots of things that take up way more time than planned!
We are officially out of California! Pictures to follow when I can find my camera dock again. I tried last night to upload pictures but had some difficulty with Blogger. Suffice it to say, Oregon is AMAZING, and although we had water soaking through our coats and dripping off of our noses within about five minutes this morning, the drive was still incredible and I'm not sorry we moved here. Now it's time for biddy-bye as we have to have Mom to the airport at a bright and early hour....(Sniff!) I'll miss having her here; it's been great to have the extra help!
Thursday, June 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
miss ya already!!! I hope to see pics soon. when do you start work??
glad to hear you mom helped you all out moving- what a godsend!
Post a Comment