Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Job Thoughts

Well, dear blog readers, a position opened up that would be three days a week instead of four. I don't know about most people, but that one evening shift a week would be really, really nice in terms of staying home with the baby.

Certain nights I come home unable to sleep. Tonight, for example. My first patient of the evening: a first-time mom shackled to an boyfriend on parole who has a sexual assault charge and will not be allowed on the unit for her delivery. Sad. Contrasted with a couple at the end of the shift who was also having their first child, and were supportive of each other and ecstatic about their baby. Lots of paperwork to do after the delivery, but I can't just turn my mind off when I get home. I'm hoping that the three evenings a week would make for a more functional lifestyle.

I also know that one or two more people are appying for this position, so I might not get it. I should know in a few days.

Good night, dear blog readers!

No comments: