1) I went to Winco thinking I had purchased puff pastry. Instead, in the puff pastry slot, there were boxes of filo dough, which I didn't realize I purchased until I got home. I've never before ever used the stuff, and so I made a rather interesting mess on the table trying to unroll all of those sheets. Whoops.
2) I was making home-made dressing and was rather pleased with myself. I was pleased, that is, until I managed to drop the peppercorn grinder right into the dressing. Now, not only is it greasy and hard to turn, but also the pepper sticks to the bottom of the grinder. Hopefully it isn't scarred for life and we can continue using it in every day cooking. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.
Some things that were a success: despite the filo dough being a little dry, the onion tart didn't turn out too badly. Also, the bushes outside of the apartment are in bloom, so we had free flowers to put on the table! Sometimes the simplest additions make for a lovely meal.
The dough sheets
Happy Wednesday, dear blog readers!



No comments:
Post a Comment