Hello, dear blog readers! So yesterday I managed to clear the stache of fabric that I had laid out in the rocking chair. Since Hubby had to use the kitchen table to study and write sermons, I relocated to the living room. I managed to get all of the blocks for one quilt cut and organized into sandwich bags and stored in my sewing box, so once again our rocker glider is in use for calming a grumpy baby. And helping me to relax at the end of a long day. (I love that chair!)
I decided that the best way to deal with my various projects that I've had on hand for years is to start with one at a time and just plug away at them for an hour or two a day. (Except for days like today when I got to bed at about 1:00 in the morning after working a long shift and now I'd be better served to do the dishes and feed the baby.) Rather than trying to tackle the projects all at once, a little bit of time here and there goes a long way. Kinda like keeping my bathrooms clean. I find that (per the Fly Lady recommendation) if I use the toilet brush every day (or for me, a couple of days a week), it's a lot less daunting to do things like clean the showers. If toilets and showers could give menacing glowers, there is no doubt in my mind that I would run away from them every time in order to find anything better to do with my time. It's like those housewares know that cleaning is not my forte, and so they work really hard to try to come up with schemes to keep me from cleaning them. And, of course, the dirtier they get, the less likely they are to be clean because they've won the battle of becoming overwhelming.
But, not this week, thanks to Tilex (a daily shower spray which really DOES cut back on the mold/mildew problem) and scrubbing bubbles!
Anyway, here is what my living room looked like before I finished cutting and putting away fabric. Now I'm not so embarrassed when the UPS lady comes to the door.
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment