Mike starts school this week. That will be something of an adjustment for both of us, but I think it will come as a welcome change. Hopefully this fall we won't have another car theft or things to distract Mike from spending time studying. :o}
Sunday, September 2, 2007
And the winner is...
Ghee likes the name Godzilla for our lizard. So, Godzilla it is. Hasn't been around this morning, but I think he's become something of a fixture. Must have gotten used to the patio while we were "vacationing" for the last few weeks. Pretty sad when something like a small lizard can provide such high entertainment, and I have to say for some strange reason I have a fascination with coming home and getting excited about Lizard Sightings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Aw gee. I was disappointed that you did not choose Gozillito, but then that sounds kind of feminine somehow. I hope you had a good time last night with your new buddies.
We did have a good time, thanks.
And I still refer to the lizard as Godzillito, which is just Godzilla with an -ito ending, which is a Spanish ending signifying affection or cuteness or smallness or something, kind of like how we change Mike to Mikey. So Godzillito really means little Godzilla. So whether it sounds feminine or not, it isn't. It's masculine, what with the "o" ending. Actually, an "a" ending is usually feminine, and as such, Godzilla ought to sound more feminine to us. Oh well. That's how western languages are anyway. You can imagine my shock when I discovered that it is not so in Hebrew. It's the little things that throw you off.
Post a Comment