Saturday, September 22, 2007

Morning routine

This morning finds me lounging on the couch having already been to the grocery store. Not because I'm overly ambitious today, mind you, but because we were out of almost every feasible grocery item/necessity, including laundry detergent. So, now with my cupboards stocked, my kitchen cleaned, the laundry all done and scrubs ready to go for at least the next week and a half, I'm enjoying a fresh yellow pepper with ranch dip, a nectarine with milk and splenda (I confess I have the munchies and am trying very hard to stay away from the Cheesits!), and a good BIG soup mug of Bigelow sleepy-time chamomile tea. 

I really, really like tea. This morning, we're seeing a very, very rare event: Misting! Perfect with hot tea. The other day we had an early morning rain, but I missed it because I think I was still at work. It doesn't rain much here. Misting is an even rarer event. So, now that it's cloudy, I'm thinking happy thoughts about my tea and clean sheets and my favorite spot in the whole wide world: our mattress. Gotta go there soon. Gotta work again.

Speaking of favorite things, our mattress is awesome! I totally recommend Simmons Beauty Rest to anyone with sleep challenges. (Kudos to Jason and Sarah for getting us hooked on it!) My next favorite thing is a pair of very nice sheets we got as a shower gift. I know they were purchased from Marshall Fields before it became Macy's, and I haven't been able to find more like them since we've lived here. Nothing like sleeping in a terrific set of comfortable, light, soft, good-smelling sheets!

I got invited to a "girls night" candle-cocktail-appetizers event. One of our midwives is hosting it, so it should be lots of fun. I have most of this coming week (Wednesday through the following Monday) off of work, so in light of the fact that I'll be able to spend more time with my sweet hubby some of those other nights, he encouraged me to go.

Well, that's about all for now. Gotta finish my tea and contemplate getting ready for beddy-bye time.


No comments: