Sunday, September 9, 2007

Week in Review

Oops! I guess time got away from me this week. In a nutshell, we spent the evening on labor day with some new friends at our local brewery. We did a tour followed by a free beer tasting and dinner in the restaurant portion. It's a great place to visit: www.stonebrew.com if you want to check out the site. (Somehow I just can't for the life of me figure out how people do those cool little links in blogs.)

It turns out that not only do we have Godzilla on the patio, we really DO have a mouse problem. I cleaned out my plants the other day (yes, I let them die) and put the pots away. That night, Mike saw a fairly sizeable mouse, so he went and bought a high-frequency sound gadget/rodent repellent that plugs into the outlet in the wall outside. No mice. Very nice. I hate having to get mice out of traps anyway, and we didn't want to risk poisoning the neighbors' cats.

Speaking of Godzilla, he still hangs around, only we don't really see him quite as often. He's usually there in the earlier part of the morning when it's cooler and the cobbles are getting warmer.

So, this week in the Birth Center we had record patients. I worked Tuesday night until Saturday a.m.; yesterday I had a poor orientee and six couplets, plus I was assisting with labor patient triages/admissions. I was very glad we had a really good charge nurse and most of the nurses maintained a really good sense of humor througout the night. I was joking with Mike this morning that when we do decide to start having kids, I think we'll not make too much of an effort from the Thanksgiving season until after New Years' holidays. The following end of August through 1st week of October is most definitely our busiest time of the birth center;  more chance of getting a private room if you have a child some other time during the year.  :o)

1 comment:

G4and2Cats said...

Night Nurse, I miss you! Come baaaaack. Tee-hee.