Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Where does time go?

Aw, geeeeee! I guess I didn't realize how much time has gotten away from me these last several days until I looked at my blog this morning. I worked four nights the week before last and five nights last week, so I apologize for neglecting my electronic communications. We were so slammed at work (record censuss last week! Completely out of cribs AND beds!) that I came home every morning and had to clean, etc. just to relax a bit. Oh well. 

Gozdilla has disappeared. Aw gee. Haven't really seen him since last week. Probably found warmer safer cobbles in someone else's patio.

Speaking of patios, the weather here has cooled down significantly. I  love the fall! I miss the changing of leaves, though. I have to say I think it's my favorite time of year.

I had a great delivery this morning! I thought my patient wasn't going to make it without going to the O.R. when the baby's heart rate didn't look good at only 1 cm dilation upon admission at the beginning of the shift. She made it at ten minutes before the change of shift this morning. The baby came out a little stunned, but cried and pinked up nonetheless. Always nice to see how resilient babies are for the most part. I could wax on about my frustrations with doctors who try to control every last detail of a delivery (to the detriment of the patient and/or infant) by practicing things outside of their particular scope of training, but that's another story for another time.

Gotta go file some insurance claims for our water damage. Good news! The piano isn't damaged. Whew. I have to have it fine-tuned in about six weeks, though. The tuner said it's like tuning a piano that hasn't been tuned in 20 years. Guess the heat really did some damage. Aw gee. 

As for social outings, we missed out on going to a beer fest last weekend because the event sold out about 12 hours before I remembered to try to get tickets. Oh well.  Must try to get together with them later.

That's about all for updates for now. 

2 comments:

G4and2Cats said...

You know, as much as you seem to... ummm... dislike doctors, perhaps a career in Nurse Midwifery might be the thing for you. Would it be hard at this point to become a Certified Nurse Midwife? I LOVED my midwives and they were awesome for the entrie pregnancy and birth experience. Wouldn't have changed a thing. I didn't have one single doc in the room at any point for the labor or delivery...

Gospel.or.Death said...

Godzilla isn't totally gone, or at least there might still be a lizard about. Or it may be that dang mouse. But every now and then, I hear a little rustle over by the gate, and I think it must be a lizard, since we have a sonic mouse repelling system that has scared them off. Unless of course, the unseen rustler is a mouse, and not a lizard.