Thursday, September 27, 2007

Vacation so far

Well, yesterday was officially a day off, but I had a staff meeting and another meeting last night. Today I relaxed a fair bit, paid the bills, did the dishes, repainted the window sill in the bathroom (yes, I know the shower was torn out at Christmas time, but still: for some reason, it's been a rather daunting task for me!), updated our budget, and watched Batman Begins. I forgot what a great movie that is! I think I haven't seen it since it was  in theater, and we missed a bit of the beginning. Target had it on sale last week, so I picked it up.

I'm a little nervous about tomorrow morning. I have to have some bloodwork done first thing, and then I have to go to the hospital for a meeting with our Risk Management officer. When I was first off of orientation, there was a particularly gruesome delivery in which the physician was clearly in the wrong, but it was the sort of case where, as a nurse, it makes me a little nervous because every nurse wonders at the back of his/her mind if they'll ever lose their license someday over a lawsuit. In this case it wasn't something I did or didn't do, but I was the primary nurse and thus the first-hand witness to a physician error. And I had other RN's in the room at the time, which helps, and I think my documentation was pretty thorough--I had my boss read over it with me to make sure it was all there. So, tomorrow I go in and recount my version of the story. Not looking forward to that. I'll be very relieved when it's over; I had some pretty nasty dreams about bad deliveries last night. But, as Ghee reminds me, they are not my judge. There is only one Judge who knows the truth and thus I am ultimately vindicated.

On a brighter note, our insurance claim is finally finished from the whole flooding incident. We will probably be getting reimbursed from Allstate sometime next week. 

I received a book today from a classmate who helped to orchestrate our high school reunion. After reading some of the pages, I was struck by how little some of these people have changed over 10 years' time. There are definitely some people I would have liked to have seen, but all in all, I'm not sorry I missed it this time around.

All in all, life is good. Time for bed (it's GREAT to be able to go to bed at 11:00 instead of thinking how I have another 8.5 hours to go before I can get home).

No comments: