Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Wee Hours

It's the wee hours of noon. Well, almost 1:00. I'm waiting for our housing insurance lady to get back from what is probably her lunch break so that I can get in touch with her before going to sleep. 

I learned some new sewing/quilting techniques today. I'm not making any quilts yet, but at least I have some ideas if I ever decide to start one. Too many other things to finish first. I really want to get my pictures organized and do some scrap-booking. I'm only 11 years behind on the job. Our local scrapbook store across the road closed, so now I'm at a loss of where to go for supplies. I think I'd like to find a cool store and take a class sometime; I feel like my mind is blank and my creativity goes on vaca when it's time to get down to business.

Work last night was great. I really appreciate when physicians do their jobs, and when the end justifies the means (i.e. going to the O.R. for a good reason vs. out of convenience). My MD stayed in the room with me while the patient attempted to push, and she gave the woman a fighting chance at a vaginal delivery. But, after about 20 minutes of pushing, to the O.R. we went. The baby came out face-up and thoroughly entwined with her cord wrapped around her body 1.5 times and looped over her arm like a handbag. The O.R. was a good call. It's amazing what modern medicine can do; maternal and infant deaths are pretty rare these days.

Okay. It's 12:59 now. I think I might get away with calling the insurance agent again. I can tell you what, if we get stiffed by Allstate, (we no longer have the Gregga family insurance agent out here,) I have no problem saving hundreds of dollars by switching to Geico. We got a great deal on auto insurance!

Has anyone ever nicked their leg with a car door? Just curious.

3 comments:

G4and2Cats said...

Night Nurse, I have nicked my leg on just about eerything there is to nick a leg on. I have gotten much better, but I am one of the most accident prone people you will ever meet. 4 trips to the ER within my first year of marriage to Juice.

I like your new color scheme. Try playing around with cutomizing it... it's fun BUT addictive!

G4and2Cats said...

Just ignore those spelling errors behind the green curtain!

Gospel.or.Death said...

The wee hours of noon...hahahaha