AAAAUUUUGH! I have to say that commuting at times can REALLY be trying for my patience. Here's a progression of getting to work tonight, which normally takes about 25-30 minutes.
Left home, sitting at Center City Pkwy. waiting to turn left. Light turns green. No one in on-coming traffic; everyone across the street is also making left-hand turns the other way. I go left. Some guy in the opposing traffic decides to go straight and nearly hits me. Oi. Okay, well, moving along. Traffic moving pretty well until Rancho Bernardo, a whole five minutes south of us. Then it slows to 5 mph. Traffic accident. No biggie; I left home early and have some relaxing tunes going on the radio. Get to Poway: reception dies, no radio tunes. Forgot to load the CD player. Doh! Traffic still going 5 mph. Residue on the road from another vehicle in Poway. Okay. About half-way to the hospital; running about 10 minutes behind. Can still make it on time. Hit 163, and lo! Traffic is moving really well! For a couple of miles. Then, crawling. All.The.Way. To. Gennessee. For the love of Pete! Finally, able to get off the expressway! Left onto Health Center Drive. Three more red lights. Making a right; oh boy! Only one car in front of me! Oh wait. He's lost. Stops in the middle of the road; no blinker, no movement. I wait a minute and lightly tap the horn. He crawls forward about 10 feet and stops. At least he motioned for me to go around! Then, onward toward the parking garage! Someone is stuck at the front of the line to get in. Their badge doesn't work. Oh boy. Finally, someone else lets them into the garage. It is now almost 7:00. Badged in at 6:59. Hooray! I made it!
And now, my babes are sleeping and fed and diapered. All is well that ends well. I am thankful on days like this that I made it safely to work, that my car runs fine, and that it wasn't me on the road in an accident.
Friday, December 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Love the new layout!! I know how frustrating traffic can be. Someday it won't pose a problem but here's to wishing you safe journeys!
Post a Comment