So, dear blog readers, I had today off of work. (And yes, it really IS almost 2:00 in the morning.) I had planned to spend part of the day going to some sort of fish market in San Diego. I've never been to a seafood market, but the ones on the Food Network look amazing. I've never made any seafood aside from tuna and salmon filets, so I thought it'd be fun to learn how to cook.
That was what I had planned. Instead, I decided to clean the house while Mike was in class. That took up my whole morning. After that, well, here is the tally:
Cable boxes installed with no problems, and all by myself: 1
New ingredients tried that I've never purchased before: 3
Recipes made today that I haven't made before: 3
Movies watched: 2
Rooms vacuumed, dusted, wiped, and mopped: 3
Bills paid: 2
Personal injuries incurred: 2 (almost 3). Both in the kitchen; learning how to cook isn't exactly my forte, but I'm determined to get the skills, and besides: it's becoming a fun hobby in my downtime.
For those of you interested in the injuries, here is the MckMama-style "NOT ME!!" version of what happened.
I did NOT start out my evening in the kitchen by opening up the fridge and watching a bottle of salsa crash to the floor in 119 pieces because I did NOT pack the fridge a little too full. I did NOT cut my toe due to my proximity to the fridge. Next, I did NOT (against my better judgment) try to weigh down the ingredients in my blender with a wooden spoon in order to get them to blend. I did NOT break the spoon into five pieces when the blender grabbed hold of it. I did NOT then have to sift through the contents with my bare hands a total of three times in order to get all of the wood out. It did NOT occur to me, even a teensy bit, to eat the salsa anyway. (If this stuff did happen to me, hypothetically, I hypothetically would have told my husband about the broken spoon.) And I certainly did NOT sock-mop the floor even just a little bit with the mess I made. NOT ME!!!
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
LOL!! I love your cooking adventures! You accomplished a lot even though there were a few missteps along the way. I've had my own clumsy mishaps happen to me recently while cleaning. On two seperate occasions I broke an item that had glass shattered all over my bathroom floor. Oi! At least no one was hurt. Sigh.
Oops, this comment was to be for the previous post. Oh, well! I love your "not me" segements. Very entertaining!
Post a Comment