Well, dear blog readers, I deleted my initial post that I was GOING to put out there for you to read. I initially blogged about a coworker asking me to pick up her weekend (a Friday-Saturday combo). I said yes, and when I asked her to pick up one of mine, she said no. She is working NO weekends in March; I'm working three out of four Friday-Saturday combos. Also, I was really irritated by the fact that she took 45-minute breaks when most of us take 15-30 minute breaks. After blogging my complaints about all of the above, I got to thinking and then I was reminded of my own depravity, and here's how I feel right now.
She is a nice, sweet coworker. On top of that, I am not her judge. Her job performance and scheduling really are not up to me. I am only responsible for my own behavior at work. I am truly thankful that I DO have a job when so many don't have jobs; that I have a job that lets me spend three or four days a week at home with my husband; that it pays the bills in a one-income household. I am thankful that this job allows (with the exception of mandatory weekends every three weeks) a self-scheduling routine, which means that I can usually plan a week off here or there when I need one. I am thankful that I get along with my coworkers, even though (in situations like this one) I feel just a little miffed, but it was my own fault for saying "yes" and assuming that she would return the favor when I asked her for one of my weekends. I am thankful that even though I have a horrid attitude at time, I can count on sanctification and God's grace to work on what little optimism I have at the moment. If it were up to me alone, I'd be a very self-centered, self-serving person.
And if any coworkers are reading this, it means that you're probably one of my working-weekend buddies, and you can feel free to ask me for Friday-Saturday switches. I know you're here about as much as I am. :o) Thank you for listening, dear blog readers!
Friday, December 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
What weekend rotation are you on? I am on #2. I want to work the weekends, so if there is any weekends that you are penciled in for, just give me a call/email, and I can work on your behalf!
p.s. I know about the "quick breaks too!"
Post a Comment