Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Swine Flu

Hello again, dear blog readers! Some of you have been asking me whether or not you and/or your family members should be vaccinated against the swine flu, also known as the H1N1. (To us nurses, it is known as the "hiney.") Having personally taken care of three babies in the NICU affected by it in the last couple of weeks, I say that whatever reservations you have about the side effects of vaccines, it does not compare with the possibility of your child coding, ending up on ECMO, and even living like a vegetable. While we have not had too many babes in San Diego county die from this bug, we have a few that will never have normal lives ever again. So, I say, get the vaccine.

On a lighter note, this photo was found by one of my coworkers. I couldn't resist copying it to put on this post.  Enjoy!


Taking Swine Flu measures too far...

No comments: