Sunday, December 6, 2009

Insomnia strikes again: Today's Adventures

Yes, dear blog readers, it is one of my nights off, and it's currently past 2:00 in the morning. Right now the only interesting thing on TV is the movie Minority Report. I have a really hard time going to bed. This morning (or rather, yesterday morning now) when I got home from work, I napped for an hour, changed clothes, and then went to a Westminster Wives Christmas Brunch.

Getting there in and of itself was an adventure. I was not wise enough to save the original e-mailed invitation. The flyer from the beginning of the semester said that it was at a house on Gary Lane. So, I programmed the address into the GPS on my phone (a GREAT feature, for those of you thinking about getting a Blackberry),  and off I went across town. I got to the house and realized there was not a single car out front. An elderly lady answered the door and told me that the location had changed due to the number of responses of those attending the party. Luckily for me, Mike had the address in his student directory, so off I went. I arrived an hour late, but it was great fun and the food was fantastic!

I managed to get about four hours of sleep this afternoon. I was wired when I woke up, so into the kitchen I went to make some fish fumet. (A fish broth, basically.) The only incident of note is that I managed to spill about half of it due to trying to use a small strainer in a big bowl. The strainer flew out, and over went the bowl. Fortunately, the only casualties were my soggy pants and a bathroom towel that I had to use to mop up the counters and floor. But, the broth turned out ok. (I think. It's hard to know how it's supposed to taste when I haven't ever made it before.)

Mike and I were going to watch a movie when I was done cooking, but the poor guy fell asleep at 9:30. I am currently sitting here thinking I should go to bed, but just now he woke up and neither of us feels like we can sleep. Two peas in a pod, we are!

Now, dear blog readers, I think we're going to go sit outside and enjoy a warm relaxing beverage and hopefully get tired enough to go to sleep. Happy sleeping to the rest of you, dear blog readers!

No comments: