Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Feeling Better

Well, dear blog readers, after my previous near-meltdown (the sugar-free chocolate turtles gave me terrible heartburn but DEFINITELY helped), I have to say that I am feeling a lot better about things. I'm thankful that even though my supervisors/manager could have said that my position would be terminated (like another nurse in my orientation group who is due the same week I am and is starting in the ICU), they have chosen to see my orientation time/employment as an investment instead. I am thankful that the Lord provided the variety of work experiences that I have had over the last four years, even the difficult ones, since this hospital does not see as much of that sort of "action." I am thankful that they are going to attempt to start up a level II NICU in the fall when they get a pediatric hospitalist on board. I am thankful that I married a man who treats me like gold, who gave me lots of hugs when I got home, and who helped me pull myself together by going to Michael's craft store and then to Trader Joe's for groceries. (And I'm thankful that there are Trader Joe's in Oregon, even if they don't have as much produce as the ones in San Diego!) I'm thankful that I was able to unpack some of the essentials we had taken in our cars, that Comcast came today so that I can blog and pay bills. As I load my insulin pump and get ready for bed, the dishes are done, two loads of laundry are done, and the kitchen sink is clean. I am thankful for the beautiful scenery that surrounds us--despite the stress of things lately, I cannot tell you all how excited I am about the panoramic view from the hospital rooms where I get to work AND be a patient this fall! I will have to take pictures.

Mostly, I'm thankful that the hardships of this life are NOT the end, and that this seeming suffering is (in the grand scheme of things) fleeting. If nothing else, the current circumstances are a constant reminder that this world is not a permanent or eternal home (at least not as we know it now in its imperfect state). Thank God for the little blessings and small mercies of today.

1 comment:

April said...

Nothing to say but AMEN!