Well, dear blog readers, sometimes it's the little things in a day that make life grand. On Saturday, I needed to press Mike's suit so that he could preach on Sunday. Since I had absolutely no idea where the box was that contained my iron (and since the iron is roughly 15 years old and on its last leg anyway), I had a good excuse to run to Joanne's for a new one. I have to say: irons have come a LONG way since my last model! Plus there was a 30% off sale AND no sales tax! Hooray! I was very impressed at the ease of ironing Mike's dress shirt. Now only if I new how to press it properly....(Collars, sleeves and shoulder areas are my bane.) Despite my lack of prowess, the shirt came out nearly wrinkle-free. Hooray!
Today I got out of hospital orientation a full two hours early. While I could have used those hours in my paycheck, there are only so many things you can do to fill the time at a hospital facility in two hours. Reading policies and procedures would have put me to sleep, so instead, I came home, took a nap, and proceeded to make lots of progress on unpacking boxes! My fave find for the day was the box containing the coffee mugs. Hooray! (Even if I do only drink mostly decaf, it's nice to feel "homey" again with real cups instead of styro.)
Last but not least, Mike and I figured out how to reconnect the TV last weekend, so for the first time in months, we actually were able to sit and watch Netflix after dinner. Nothing like reruns of Leverage to make ya smile before getting back to work unpacking!
Happy Tuesday, dear blog readers. Hopefully this post finds you all doing well.
By the way, I'm still waiting for any tips on bad chemical smell removal. I still can't figure out how to get that smell out of the house--the box in which the spill occurred during the drive has been disposed, but the smell lingers....
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
It's so weird seeing a picture of pregnant Pam on your site! I'm glad to hear you like Oregon. How long have you been there now?
Supershirts. For a few years, whenever my mom asked me what I wanted for my birthday or Christmas, I told her "supershirts for Mark." And now I don't have to iron dress shirts anymore because they come out of the dryer PERFECT.
That's the brand name? I'll have to look for those! Thanks for the tip!
Post a Comment