So, dear blog readers, how did Night Nurse and family finish ushering in New Year's Day? Well, since TLC has not posted their premier of "Extreme Couponing" where the rest of us can see a re-run, we watched (and slept through most of) "Stardust." One of my favorite films; a little reminiscent of "The Princess Bride."
Also, I decided to grill dinner for the first time in months. Since it's been rainy and cold, the flame ignitor wouldn't start. At first I thought it was out of gas, so I turned the tank off, went inside, and retrieved a long-stemmed candle lighter. After returning to the grill, turning the tank back on, and not smelling any gas, I decided to stand back as far as I was able...Still wasn't far enough, apparently. I managed to create quite a spectacular "boom" while singeing off all of the hair on both arms, and a good part of the hair on one side of my head. After smelling like burned hair for the rest of the evening, I resorted to giving it a self-trim in the bathroom. Had there been a reporter nearby, the clip might have read something like this: "Night nurse burned to the ground. See A-9 for more details."
Sunday, January 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Pam, I am so thankful you were not more seriously injured. Gas grills can be very dangerous! I hope you can find the time to go get a quick trim to remove the vestiges of the accident. I am redoubling my efforts at prayer for you three!!!
These situations are reasons why I generally stay away from flammable stuff. I am scared of them. Good thing you weren't literally burnt to the ground!
Post a Comment