Friday, January 14, 2011

Last!!

Hello, dear blog readers! Thanks to you ladies who responded to my cooking post. My old list of tried-and-trues were growing steadily short since the gastric bypass has limited a number of things that Hubby can tolerate, although his stomach is starting to tolerate things a lot better than it used to. And I'll definitely have to give the family cookbooks a try!  :o)

As an aside, I worked my last night shift last night! Now on to evening shift. It'll be full-time (which is really only one more shift in a two-week period from what I was working before), but I think the family life will be greatly improved. It's hard to sleep during the day having a wee babe, and it's hard for Hubby to work and attempt to babysit whilst I attempt to sleep. Neither one of us really accomplishes the desired outcome, except in the case of a well-fed, well-entertained baby.

Speaking of which, Big C. turned six months old yesterday! Hard to believe the amount of changes we've seen, even in the last week or so. Happy half-year, little man!







3 comments:

Mim said...

So glad to hear you've worked your last night shift. Hooray for normalcy! I am sure you'll have a much happier household. I am thankful there are nurses who work during the night, because it is a much-needed service to society. But you've served your time. Now it's someone else's turn!

April said...

So long sleeping during the day and living at night! I think your life will be greatly improved from having more of a normal schedule and you'll get to see your family more often and be less sleep deprived. Yippee for switching shifts! And how can your little guy be half way through his first year already?! Such a cute 6 monther. :) Happy half birthday C!

Michael Gregga said...

I like the last picture best...