Good night, dear blog readers...Or rather, good morning. This night nurse is currently suffering from insomnia, and thus--among other things--is coupon-printing, watching "All Creatures Great and Small," and blogging! What else does one do at this hour on a night off?
Speaking of night off, I have two more shifts and then it's onward to evening shift. While I like the flow of night shift better, I do believe our family life will vastly improve with evening shift. It's really hard to try to stay awake to take care of the baby periodically during the day after working all night. He has a knack for knowing (even when I try to go to bed at the same time) and, as such, takes very short naps. Oh well.
Trying to think of something to make for dinner tomorrow night. I have the urge to make something French, but since I'm currently not asleep and thus will need more tomorrow for tomorrow's night shift, I might just settle for Rice-a-Roni or Hamburger Helper. (Yes, my culinary abilities have rather taken a dive these days, but one has to do what one has to do.)
Any suggestions for fast, easy, no-fuss-yet-tasty meals for the next few days?
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
It looks to me like you need to get out your "Veltkamp Cookbook"!!
My fav easy meals are: sausage link (like hillshire) and peppers (fresh or frozen) sauteed with garlic and olive oil. Boxed couscous, pasta, or tossed salad on the side.
Chicken breasts (fresh or frozen) with pasta sauce poured on top in baking dish and mozz cheese melted on top (kinda like a no-breaded chicken parmigiana) throw in some canned olived and artichokes for variety. Served with pasta/simple veggies on the side.
Or always a good old stirfry. Where ya throw some type of meat/shrimp/poultry with some frozen stirfry veggies and throw some garlic and soy sauce on there. Cook up some instant rice and bada bing bada boom dinner is ready. Quick and easy and healthy for all three of these options!
Oh, Ghee likes peppers and snausages (sic).
(sic) = yes, I know I spelled it wrong, that's deliberate. It stands for "spell I can".
Just kidding, it doesn't stand for anything. Ever wonder where it came from?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sic
Post a Comment