Saturday, May 14, 2011

Bedtime Blues

Hello, dear blog readers. Well, for the last two weeks, the poor baby (and mama) has had a cold/cough that just won't seem to quit. Apparently it's traveling around much of the congregation. Every night we have one-four hours of crying. Every night in rocking and calming the baby, I read Psalm 23 out loud to help calm him.

The Lord is my shepherd,
I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil.
Your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil,
My cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life,
And I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

I have to say: even if it doesn't help the baby to calm down, it helps ME to calm down. There is no such thing as a perfect life on this earth, and no such thing as no suffering on this earth. One day, however, that will not be the case.

Happy Saturday, dear blog readers!

1 comment:

Mim said...

Little Blake almost has ps 100 memorized. The Word of god does not go out "void" or without effect. Ond day, he won't cry anymore and you will remember with fondness when you rocked him to sleep.