Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Weather Predictions

Hello, dear blog readers! Did I mention that I love the Pacific Northwest? I love the green scenery, the produce, and the unpredictability of the weather. Creation is truly an amazing thing.

Actually, I would like to say that I can, with a degree of some certainty, predict the weather. Yes. That's right. On days that I have to work, for example: the morning starts out rainy. At about 1:30 or 2:00 pm (about the time I'm getting ready for work), the sun comes out. It shines brightly. The temperature is balmy, and no fierce spring winds are blowing. If you want to go outside and play, just call me and find out when I'm working.

If you want to know when it's raining, just ask when I have a day off. The sun will shine about the time the baby is down for his naps. When it's time to get out of the house and go for a walk, I can almost guarantee it will rain. Are you hoping to get some flowers planted? Me too. They're sitting under the chairs outside of the front door. Our stoop is looking a little "hickish." The grill is sitting in pieces from the last windstorm that blew it over and killed it for good. Haven't had a chance to finish dismantling it for the dumpster since--you got it--it rains on my days off. Oh well.

The upside: lots of relaxing going on today during the rain since the baby and I are both sick. Sometimes it's just nice to recuperate and get some extra zzz's. And, with all the rain, the local flowers and greenery are amazing.

Happy Wednesday, dear blog readers!

No comments: