Hello, dear blog readers, and happy Monday morning, dark and early! I have to say: just about every season that comes along, at some point I say, "This is my favorite season!" Except winter. Although, in western Oregon, even winter means lots of greenery.
This time of year, I'm amazed at the progression and continuous flowering of different plants and trees. Spring is not about two or three weeks in duration of various blossoms that die out and then, boom! We're done. Onto the next season.
This week I planted a few of my favorite flowers in our tiny bed under the kitchen window. (If I can keep the leaf blowers and smokers with their various illegal dogs away from them, they might actually do alright--Dogs are supposed to not be residents of these apartments, but I see several a week.) Among other things are two colors of Martha Washington geraniums. I didn't find my other fave, the New Guinea impatients or double impatients. Something tells me neither of these varieties would do okay here. I used to plant the New Guineas when I lived in Wheaton; they have always been one of my favorites because of the varieties not only in blossom color, but in the color of the leaves.
Creation is amazing. I would love to hear a scientist explain someday how all of these amazing processes and plants, not to mention mobile forms of life, came from a couple of amoeba.
Since I can't plant flowers indoors (it's too dark in here) or paint the walls, I have a couple of indoor pillows to brighten the day--or, in this case, the night. (Courtesy of sale at IKEA several months ago.)
You can tell I'm still trying to figure out the settings on my camera.
Monday, May 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment