Hello, dear blog readers! Well, it's been a few days since my last post, but I am very happy to report some major changes to our household effective fairly soon!
First of all, we spent the weekend in Bend. I'm usually not a "desert" fan, but it is a beautiful area with high-dessert dirt and trees with a fantastic view of the mountains. The trip alone, even though about 2.5 hours away, really felt like a mini-vacation in some senses.
The best news is that Hubby had his licensure exams and passed! What this means: when the internship is over in June, we will staying here indefinitely. I will continue in my job, and he will be able to fill open pulpits--most likely in the Pacific Northwest since he's licensed here. When he's able to get a call/ordained, then we will move. Licensure means he's certified now to preach in open pulpits and officially candidate in churches toward getting a call.
The other news: after my disappointment of not getting a reduction in work hours, the other applicant withdrew her request in order to take a different position. Hooray! I will, as of next month or July sometime, be able to work three evenings a week instead of full-time. Hooray!! More time with the baby, more ability to clean the house and feel less like a zombie, more time to plan grocery shopping and cooking....In short, more sanity!
The only downside to our whole trip was the sheets at the hotel where we stayed. I have never in my life had a reaction to laundry detergent or bleach, but whatever they used was strong enough to cause a chemical-like "burn" on my face. The poor intern had a red-faced wife. At least they didn't ask him if he was being abusive. Showering didn't help much, either: what didn't occur to me until we left is that the towels were probably washed in the same detergent. (Doh!)
Anyway, dear blog readers, I'm off to Safeway for their buy-one-get-one sale on meat. (They have a coupon doubler in their flyer for this past week--more savings! Hooray!) I wish I could find a "professional" couponer in our area and just watch them plan how to grocery shop. I'm able to save a bit of money, but I rarely get things for free or less than $1. Overall, though, the coupon flyers in Sunday's papers pay for themselves.
Happy Tuesday, dear blog readers!
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Oh, that's all AWESOME (!) news! SO glad y'all are staying in the area (at least for the foreseeable future!) and SO glad that you are going to have more time at home with your family!!! =D Hurray! What great news for today! =D
What great news, Pam! Isn't it great when we see God answer our prayers in such a great way?
Post a Comment