Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Home sweet home!

Well, folks, today is the day! I came home from work, packed up the hotel room as much as I could and put it into the car, and here I am writing my last blog from Le Hotel Best Western of Escondido!  :o)  I was just looking over my blog and wondering what happened to my picture that I had on there. Hmmm....I'll have to look into that. I haven't yet figured out all of the fun features with how to post pictures, links to different sites, etc. 

In other news, I had two deliveries last night and was horrified this morning to finally wander into the bathroom and discover that my sunburn on my face has started to peel. Badly. I didn't realize that I burned that much on Friday. Oops! Gotta get some sort of lotion with SPF out here, I guess. I wasn't even out in the sun for that long. Hopefully my patients don't think I'm royally diseased; I spent a good 20 minutes wiping my face with a wash cloth and applying lotion to try to hide the shedding.

Anyway, that's all for now. I won't be able to really get any (or much) cleaning done at home today, but I dusted on Saturday and the landlady mopped the floors and the carpets were done yesterday. The bathroom I did a few weeks ago before we left on vacation, but it looks like the service people may have--ahem--done their deed. I hope to get the toilets, etc. clean this morning before I go to bed, and then it's sleepy time and another night of work tonight.

Anyway. Rambing thoughts. Time to pack away the old laptop. Love to all, and thanks for everyone's advice and understanding during this time! I learned alot re: renters' insurance, rights as renters, etc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are finally home! I know you still have a mess to clean up, but at least you don't have to keep walking through the hotel lobby every day and eating out. Hopefully no other damages will be discovered!