Well, it turns out the landlady is still trying to decide whether to pay out of pocket vs. renters insurance coverage vs. warranty on the place, so she had the carpet guy come out yesterday and give his opinions. He did replace carpet in the closet altogether, but he was able to restretch most of the other stuff across the room. It appears that there's not a lot of mold/mildew damage to the other stuff since we caught the leak relatively early; it was the first of the apartment to dry out. But, as Mike says, if we find our allergies are a lot worse after it gets cleaned on Monday, then our landlady will have to have it replaced. And she's proven herself to be a good landlady; I have come to find that her conscience would really bother her if her tenants were ill.
That being said, we'll be in our hotel room until Monday. It's in the nice northern end of Escondido, and I have a whole three days (including yesterday) off in a row!! Yay! Not quite sure what to do with myself yet. I bought some books from Pottery Barn recently on home design. Kinda fun. Might give those a look over. And Sarah, I'm looking at the link that you posted for Binders. As Mim says, it's easier to get rid of things and/or organize them when you have to move them around. :o)



No comments:
Post a Comment