I'm starting to also have a real dislike for MDs who should not be practicing, especially concerning sick patients. I had a patient the night before last that had critical lab values, had astronomically high blood pressures, almost no urine, and who was actively bleeding out from her surgery site. But no visits from the MD, even after I called. Nope, getting up in the middle of the night to see her for that seemed to be a waste of his precious sleep time. Needless to say, I ended up needing an order for a transfusion of 3 units of blood....(Most humans already have a little more than twice that amount in their systems.) Not fun.
On the bright side, we get to go to Chicago next week! I can't believe the time is already upon us. It'll be great to get a few days off for travel!



1 comment:
Pam, how fortunate that mother was to have a nurse like you. I am sure that nasty MDs are a great source of anxiety for you, but I hope you will be comforted in knowing that's part of why the Lord has YOU there -- for the patients.
Post a Comment