Sunday, December 16, 2007

Aw gee.

After my second-worst night in the birth center last night, I am left thinking a few thoughts.

Things that bother me that I can't seem to get away from when they happen:
1) Infected amniotic fluid smell. Yughggh....
2) The smell of non-latex sterile gloves, O.R. sautering tools, and general O.R. smell.
3) Dr. Goldsworthy. The man had the gall to talk about "harpooning" my patient with a spinal needle and calling her "rotund" while doing her anesthesia prep for her c-section. He figured she didn't understand English, and that was only one incident with the man. She was a bit on the larger side, but she was also pregnant with a very large baby.

But, rather than dwell on that stuff, I thought I'd try to be optimistic about my life this morning. Three things I can be happy about:
1) Getting to eat the lunch I didn't get to eat last night.
2) Getting one night off and getting to go to church later; I don't have to work until Monday night.
3) No more seeing Dr. Goldsworthy today. Yay!

And now time for leftover Stovetop stuffing. Yummy! Cheap and....well, yummy. And a baked grapefruit.

No comments: