I thought about titling my post "Getting Lucky," but then I thought perhaps there would be one or two dear blog readers that might take that the wrong way. So, alas. A different title.
Anyway, along those lines, last night a spa rep came to the hospital and was handing out huge discounts for a new spa in town to the first 20 people she encountered. She had the gall to say "Well, you guys don't look too stressed out, but we have a nice package for stress management...." (We wanted to be polite and not laugh at her.) But anyway, the last of my savings went to 6 hours of intensive spa treatments for $57 (something like 95% off of regular price), which I know sounds like a lot, but you can't get a massage for that kind of money, let alone four different days of various spa treatments and destressings. Cha-CHING! Ifelt like I struck gold.
After that, we went to our annual Christmas breakfast at the local golf club. My patient last night was very intensive (high blood pressures and different medications requiring 5 different IV pumps and internal monitors...You can just imagine all the cords and IV tubes....) Her doctor got to the hospital 5 minutes before the change of shift, which meant that by the time I got to the club, the only available seats left were at the table with our service partners (i.e. translators and cleaning crew). They are WONDERFUL people and do a truly amazing job, but alas: I was only able to understand little snippits of the conversation with the occasional English word thrown my way out of good graces and politeness.
On the upside, there was a raffle (everyone at the party got a ticket) and I won some lotion. Yay! And, our boss got us each a bottle of "Electric Reindeer" bubbly. Sparkling wine, I think they call it. I think it's supposed to be champagne, but hey! Who wants to turn down free Holiday Libations?
Speaking of lotion, I don't know if you guys ever go to Origins, but I have found that I absolutely LOVE their ginger and white tea products. I only buy stuff from them about once a year, but if you ask my sweet hubby, he can tell you that I sit on the couch and breathe my arms after applying the stuff. And it makes your skin so soft! Cheap lotion works too, but there is something about the occasional indulgence of good product that just absolutely makes the day.
Well folks, on that note, I must go to bed. I hope all is well, dear fellow bloggers.
Friday, December 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
That is a huge discount on spa treatments! You deserve it, Pam. What a wonderful surprise to be able to save money and still get to pamper yourself. yay!!
Post a Comment