The other day after work I went to the post office. I figured that since I had left work a little later than normal, I wouldn't have to wait long because I thought the post office opened at 8:00. All I needed was two books of stamps from the automated machine.
At 8:37 when the post office opened (they were seven minutes behind schedule), there was a line of somewhere between 30-35 anxious people bearing various Christmas packages. They started forming a line past the front door, but instead of lining up on the sidewalk, they lined up through the parking lot. People trying to drive through had a battle on their hands. There's something kinda funny about watching people completely abandon good humor and common sense to mainting their place in the line. They could have bet that they would have to wait for a while if everyone else was waiting for the last minute to send out Christmas gifts. :o) So, at 9:10 when I made it to the automated machine to get my stamps, I was very glad to leave the post office.
Tonight, Ghee and I had our own little Christmas celebration. I made Sandies cookies (I had to use almonds instead of pecans; I didn't realize I was out of a few ingredients). We opened a bottle of our "Electric Reindeer" champaigne that I got from our Christmas party at work, and then we opened presents. I think it's the first time we've done this with the two of us; I can't remember what we got each other last year for Christmas, but there was no wrapping of gifts or ceremonial opening. It's nice to be establishing some sort of family tradition, even if we're two years into marriage! :o)
Here's hoping you are all having good days leading up to Christmas, dear bloggers.
Saturday, December 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Aw that niceie! We sent your gifts to Duke & Mims along with all the others. We didn't forget you!
Just in case anyone's wondering, we opened the presents on Pam's day off closest to Christmas so we could do it in a relaxed way. And since the bulk of my gifts to her were DVD movies, I thought it'd be nice to sit around and watch movies while she had some time off. So that's what we did.
Post a Comment