I found a really neat quilt shop that has everything from classes to Pizza Night to a long-arm quilting machine (quilts the quilt for you if you don't have time to do it yourself). I think I might have to investigate taking a class, especially since the classes run from $5-10 a piece.
Below are the photos of my chosen fabrics. I will keep my quilting updates posted every now and then as I doubt this project will take me 13 years to finish. :o} I wish I could copy a picture of the finished quilt pattern/product; I may have to scan that at some point if I can figure it out. The pattern design is called "Belle Star." Ghee helped to pick it out. It's a basic quilt star with scrap fabric prints. The accent fabric ("grid" fabric) is going to be yellow. It is laying under all of the other fabrics that you see. Not all of the fabrics that you see will be used in the quilt; most of this stuff consisted of fabrics I had acquired previously and/or this weekend and I need to figure out which fabrics best suit our taste. (That's right, I did get quite a bit of input from my sweet hubby, which was largely helpful for me since I didn't know where to start in terms of choosing a pattern or color design.)
Oranges
Reds, pinks, and red-pink accent fabrics (I weeded out the star fabric; Ghee and I felt it was just a bit too over the top)








2 comments:
What can I say but WOW! Looks like an amazing project!!
And when you're done with the quilt you can make matching outfits for all the children with the left over fabric!!! WOW!
Post a Comment