Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Cheap Dates

Hello, dear blog readers! What is a girl to do when her pink carpet stain is smiling up at her with a vain expression of stubborn smugness, and when Hubby has a horrendous case of cabin fever? Invent cheap(er) dates, of course!

Today we decided to get out of the house on such a glorious (75-ish degree with a cool breeze) afternoon and take a stroll along the River Willamette.  A number of restaurants were open for happy hour and sported outdoor dining. For a couple of bucks, one can get an appetizer or two. The cost of a date just got cut by more than half. Plus, the baby was rested from his afternoon nap, making him perky and pleasant, and in a great mood to try more solids! Not to mention he was quite fascinated by all of the foliage behind us. We'll definitely have to check out the downtown area on weekday afternoons more often.

Now back to staring at my pink carpet stain (And, consquently, my pink-ish towels in the bathroom.) Grrr. I would love to beat that smug expression into submission, but I think it is going to win.


Here's another photo from last week after opening birthday gifts. I wasn't sure is I had posted this or not, so I though I'd throw it in for good measure. Left: Grandma Bea. Right: Aunt Kathy, AKA "The Other Grandma" while she was in town. Big C. loved all the attention! I also (after posting this) came back to edit/add something Hubby said: no, Big C. is not sporting a tan. His lovely skin tone has most people fooled into thinking he has a tan, but what you see here is the result of a love affair with foods containing beta-carotene. Yes indeed, he is a tad orange.

1 comment:

Auntie Kathy said...

That is a good picture of the 4 of us - we look like we were having such a good time, which in fact, we did!