Monday, July 4, 2011

The PK

Hello, dear blog readers. Having grown up as a church-goer, most pastor's kids that I've known have been about my age or older. I haven't encountered very many pastor's babies.

Yesterday, I had the prime opportunity to find out what it's like to be a preacher's wife in the pew with a squirmy baby and no church nursery attendant. Mike was asked to preach in a congregation about an hour and a half away. We tried to sit on the outside of the row where I could make a break for the nursery room if need be.

The little man started out squirmy but quiet. He cried through the hymns, which wasn't so bad since most people couldn't hear him during those times. And then, as Mike was asking for prayer requests and all was silent, the baby decided to emit flatus maximus such that he drew a few sidelong glances from surrounding congregants. He then proceeded to bounce up and down on my lap and make little spitty noises during the prayer time, after which I decided being in the nursery would probably be the better thing to do.

Well, dear blog readers, time to get ready for work. (Unfortunately, when you're scheduled to work every Monday, you get to work a lot of national holidays.) Happy July 4th, dear blog readers!

No comments: