Hello, dear blog readers. I realized something this week: having lived in southern California, I can honestly say I do miss the rays of the sun sometimes. Having worked night shift (or evenings) for the last six years give or take occasional stints of day shift here and there, I haven't been able to enjoy very much of the summer days. For the first time since Hubby's summer internship three years ago, I feel like I'm in the mood for summer: lazy days, grilling something simple yet sublimely tasty in the evenings; swimming, and hiking, not to mention enjoying the summer produce. Hard to beat the berries in this area, that's for sure!
I can't help but marvel at the Creator in taking in everything from the beauty of where we're privileged to live to watching our little man continuously develop into a funny little toddler person, complete with his own little sinful personality.
Highlights: Monday we went for a walk in a park in town. There is a hill behind the picnic barn area--yes, it is an actual barn that the township has had renovated. The animal stalls now have picnic tables, and the barn sports a couple of nice-sized grills. The hill behind it was amazing--full of Queen Anne's lace.
This one above is a "daddy" expression if ever there was such a thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment