Friday, July 29, 2011

Hellos and Farewells

Hello, dear blog readers! I forgot to take the camera with me the other day, which is just as well since we were in the water, but I just wanted to say that we introduced Big C. to the toddler pool at the house of some friends this past week. The poor little man was rather tired and skeptical, but we managed to keep him in the water on my lap for a while before he finally melted down completely. He doesn't seem to like being in the deeper water. (Bath times are fun; I can't figure out why the pool would be different?)

On a completely unrelated topic, our Borders is going out of business. I have to say that I'm sad. I know it's a chain store and all, but with everyone going to electronic reading these days, I'm afraid of what might happen if bookstores become obsolete. I will always be one of those old-fashioned folks who loves the books for the smell of the ink, the feel of the paper, and the artwork on the front covers. Bookstores make great date nights. You can check out various book sections, grab some coffee, and unwind. While I see the definite advantages of an electronic book device, I can't say it's the same as curling up on the couch with an actual book. Maybe I'm just a snob that way, but it makes me sad to see an old haunt going away.

Oh well. The bright side is that this will force me to find other book purveyors in town. I'm sure there must be at least one that isn't strictly a college campus bookstore.

Happy Friday, dear blog readers!

No comments: