Hello, dear blog readers! For those of you who may (or may not) have found out on Facebook or by family word, it's official: Hubbs got a job! The upside: Hubbs got a job!! (One that pays a very nice salary!)
The downside: A move (again!) about as far as we can get from here with the exception of Florida. We will be moving next month to the Jacksonville, North Carolina vicinity (US Marine Corp-ville near Camp Lejeune). This all happened relatively quickly.
Some of you, I'm sure, are fairly baffled. The basic reality for our family is this: I went out on medical leave. It's a little hard to pay the bills that way, even with some disability income. Hubbs is working part-time for a little over minimum wage, which also helps pay the bills, but isn't a "career" move by any means. (And getting additional jobs of any kind in this region are VERY hard to come by, as evidenced by the 700 applicants for one job opening at Starbucks.) We weren't sure how long we should "wait" for a call to a church. I know that we could have made it work for a while on my income plus Hubbs working at the factory, but from what some of the local church plants/churches looking for a pastor have told us, it would be two-three years before they're able to pay the salary of a new young guy vs. an older retired pastor who would fill pulpit for less pay because he's already financially better off than someone like Hubbs. So, yes, finances were one of the reasons we decided to look into other options.
I also figure that if the Lord really DOES want Hubbs to continue in the ministry, He has His own ways of opening and closing doors and making things VERY obvious sometimes. If he wants Hubby in a church, he'll provide one. Maybe that's putting things too simplistically, but that's where we are today.
So what will he be doing? I don't know all the ins and outs, but the basics are that he's getting back into doing intelligence of some kind. Can't really say a whole lot more than that.
As for the "when" of moving: they would like us to move the week after The Baby is due so that he can start April 21st. (No pressure here!) This makes nailing down a moving date difficult, but the time frame is sometime mid-April-ish.
So, dear blog readers, there it is, straight from the horse's mouth.
Here are some of the day's pictures. I came out of the kitchen after washing my hands to find Tazzy Toodler on the coffee table, pleased as punch. He also helped himself to the piano this morning. I didn't discourage this too much (although I did stand by to press the damper so as to not bother the neighbors). Who knows: a future musician in the family?
Friday, March 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
That is Awesome news!! NC is a great place to live, although HUMID in the summers, but that would be the case almost anywhere in the east to south. What an exciting adventure. Cheaper house prices, too...BONUS!! My brother lives in Raleigh, which is not too close, but when I get out there to visit I will definitely make the trek to see you guys. I always love moving, especially the cross-country moves...it is like experiencing a new country and culture. I am also thrilled, as you must be, that you get to stay home with the kiddlets. Anyways, I ramble...I am very happy you guys know where and what the Lord wants you to be doing at this time. Congrats!! We will be praying that the transition and all the details go smoothly. Yay....for getting life out of a storage unit and into a home!!
I didn't even know you had a blog! Wow...what a great and exciting adventure.
I so totally agree with you on "if God wants Mike in a church He will get him one". But for now you all need to eat and live. That part of the country is gorgeous. I lived there for over a year and we even got a small snow storm. It does get humid but that is what the a/c is for. Congrats on the job Mike and stay healthy for your new girl coming Pam and also for your cutie boy
Post a Comment